- Why should I buy from FirstPhoneCard.com?
- Why buy a prepaid calling card Online
- How long does it take to receive my phone card?
- What is manual verification?
- 5. How do I access my Phone Card PIN?
- What if I lost my pin?
- How do I find a phone card that is best for me
- How do I purchase a phone card?
- How do I register as a new customer?
- What is my billing address?
- Is my credit card transaction secure?
- How do I use my instant phone card?
- How long can I keep using my Instant Phone Card?
- What is a weekly service fee?
- What is 1-minute rounding?
- What are the taxes associated with a phone card?
- Do you have rechargeable phone cards?
- How can I recharge my Phone Card?
- Who handles customer support?
- What is the refund policy?
- How do I change my e-mail address?
- How does the rewards system work?
- What is meant by the “Satisfaction Guaranteed” label and the rating system?
- If I have a coupon, how do I use it?
- How do I view my Calling Details Record (CDR)?
- How do I exchange a phone card?
- What is the difference between local access and toll free access?
- If there is no local access number in my local area, how else could I use the local access numbers from this phone card at other area codes?
- What is Pin Skipping or Pinless Call feature?
- How do I set up the Pin Skipping?
- What will happen if my phone card has expired or used up with Pin Skipping? How do I remove this feature from my phone card?
- How do I update my new phone card with Pin Skipping?
- What is Follow-Me Speed Dial?
- How do I set up the Follow-Me Speed Dial for my phone card?
- How many phone numbers can I register using the Pinless Call or Pin Skipping feature?
- After I set up Pinless Call and Speed dial on my phone card, how fast can I make a call using my telephone?
- 37. How do I find phone cards with Pin Skipping, Speed dial, and are Rechargeable?
- Which phone card is best to send a fax?
- How can I save money by getting only the local service from my phone company?
- How can I reach Customer Service?
- How can I make a toll free call from China?
- How can I make a call from China using Local Access?
- What is Auto-recharge feature?
- How does the Auto-recharge feature work?
- How do I select the Auto-recharge feature?
- How do I remove the Auto-recharge feature option from my phone card?
- How do I find Pin delivery email in my Gmail, Yahoo mail, or Hotmail account?
- What phone card would you recommend for a small business?
- How do I find a local access number for my phone card?
- Why should I buy from FirstPhoneCard.com? We created this web site since 1999 to provide you the best phone cards to save money on domestic or international long distance calls. We will be your one-stop shopping center, information center, and storage center for your prepaid phone cards. ??People continue to purchase from us not only for low rates with over 1000 nationwide local access numbers covering 49 states and International local access numbers covering eight countries, but also for convenience, features such as Pinless call, Speed-Dial, Automatic recharge and iPhone and Android Apps. With these convenient features, our customers could use most of our phone cards to make long distance calls from their cell phones within 3 seconds. ??Here, you will find the most complete selection of the finest phone card products and buy them within seconds after your payment. Moreover, we want to create satisfaction for our customers. That’s why we strive to bring you high quality cards at reasonable prices. Plus, for the convenience of our customers, we accept all major credit, debit cards and PayPal online payment.
- Why buy a prepaid calling card Online
Savings – Phone cards have cheaper rates than do standard long distance calling. Therefore, phone cards significantly reduce long distance costs, especially for international calls.
Availability – Our phone card store is available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Plus, there is no need to wait for an actual phone card. You will receive your PIN instantly via email!
Convenience – There is no need to go to a store. You can conveniently purchase a phone card from your home, office, or school.
Control Spending – Because these phone cards are prepaid, you do NOT have to worry about costly long distance phone bills. With a prepaid phone card, you pay in advance so you can spend as little or as much as you can afford.
- How long does it take to receive my phone card? You can receive your phone card pin number via email as quickly as 2 seconds after your credit card payment is approved. Usually, this approval is achieved within 1 minute or less. However, sometimes, credit card companies require us to conduct a manual verification before final approval. To confirm your credit card transaction, an email is automatically sent to you with all of your order information, including your customer ID and your invoice number. Failure to receive such an email confirmation would indicate that your credit card payment was not successful. We accept PayPal, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover credit or debit cards.
- What is manual verification? In order to protect our customers from fraudulent credit card use, we are sometimes required to perform a manual verification of the billing information with the credit card company. Manual verifications are used when: ?1. It is the customer’s first purchase with us. ?2. There is some discrepancy in the billing information provided to us. ?Unfortunately, this could delay delivery of your instant pin. Typically, it takes about one business day to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do this to protect you from any credit card misuse.
- 5. How do I access my Phone Card PIN? There are 3 different ways you can access your PIN after payment.
1. After pressing the payment button to charge your credit or debit card, the phone card pin will appear once credit approval is given. Please print a copy for your record.
2. An email copy of the pin is sent to your email address on file automatically.
3. At any time, you could also login to My Account and view a list of all the pins you have purchased.
- What if I lost my pin? If you have lost your PIN, Simply, login My Account. You can also send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the email address used to open the account.
- How do I find a phone card that is best for me There are 4 different ways to find the best prepaid phone card for you.
?1. You can find a phone card from our home page which lists the weekly specials.
??2. You can click on the list of calling rates on the left of your screen. This will provide you with a list of all phone cards available for your selected destination.
??3. Look for "Where do you want to call" and select the country you want to call from and select the country you want to call to, and click "See Best Rates”
??4. Click on the image of any phone card and it will provide all the details about the phone card.
- How do I purchase a phone card? Click on the "Buy Now" button to purchase your selected phone card.
- How do I register as a new customer? If this is your first time buying a phone card at FirstPhoneCard.com, you will need to click the Buy Now link, click Open a New Account and setup your own login name and a password in order to create an account.
Please remember to leave no spaces in your Login name or you may not be able to login to that account again. (For example, “Richard Doe” is an invalid login name but “RichardDoe” is valid.) If your login name has been taken, you will be prompted to enter a new login name. You must use an email address as your password because all purchase related correspondences will be sent to that email address.
- What is my billing address? After successfully creating your account, you will be prompted to enter your billing information: name as it appears on your credit/debit card and billing address. The billing address is the address to which all of your credit/debit card monthly statements are mailed. Entering an incorrect billing address could prevent you from receiving your instant phone card in a timely fashion.
- Is my credit card transaction secure? We put your privacy, security, and your satisfaction as our top priority. Our dedication to customer satisfaction demands that we take every precaution possible to protect your information. For example, we do not store credit card numbers on our web site in order to prevent fraudulent use or credit card theft. Therefore, we ask our customers to submit the credit card number for every purchase through our secured web server with highest encryption available for the industry!
- How do I use my instant phone card? The general steps are:
?1. Dial the toll free number or local access number provided
?2. Enter your phone card pin number
?3. Enter the destination number ?You can use your instant phone card from any telephone in the home, office, school, etc. There is a surcharge when calling from payphones.
- How long can I keep using my Instant Phone Card? Unfortunately, these phone cards do not last forever. Many of them have an expiration date (e.g. 60days, 90days.) As a result, your phone card is only valid until the expiration date or until all the minutes are used up, whichever comes first. Please read the description to check the expiration date.
- What is a weekly service fee? One way phone card companies lower their calling rates is to charge a weekly service fee. A weekly service fee are flat fees charged weekly in order to encourage you to use up the phone card as soon as possible to avoid constant service fees. Usually, service fees are applied after you make your first call.
- What is 1-minute rounding? Typically, your phone call time is measured in seconds. However, when your calls are completed, the duration is rounded to the next minute. This is called 1-minute rounding or 1-minute increment. Even if your call lasts less than 1 minute, your phone card will be charged for 1 minute. Again, if your calls are very long, the 1-minute rounding has little impact on your pocket book.
- What are the taxes associated with a phone card? There are several applicable state and federal taxes associated with phone cards. For example: Federal Excise Taxes, California Communication Service Tax, FCC Tax, Sales Taxes, Carrier Universal Service Tax, Carrier Property Tax, State Gross Receipts Surcharge, Universal Lifeline Surcharge, Local Communication Tax, California High cost Fund Surcharge B, and the surcharge for State 911.
- Do you have rechargeable phone cards? Yes, we have rechargeable phone cards available for you to purchase. You can search Phone Cards by Quality to find which phone cards are rechargeable.
- How can I recharge my Phone Card? To recharge your phone card, please login to My Account to authorize the amount of each recharge, and your recharge request will be processed within 30 minutes.
- Who handles customer support? The same customer satisfaction consultant who you speak with will contact the service providers on your behalf in order to rectify the situation. Typically, most problems are usually corrected within 24 hrs. Our main goal is your satisfaction. If you ever encounter a problem with your phone card, do not hesitate to contact us.
- What is the refund policy? In our dedication to customer satisfaction, we do everything to ensure your happiness with your purchase. If you are still unsatisfied with your purchase, we can usually exchange your phone card for store credit or provide a refund less a 15% restocking fee. Prepaid wireless SIM card are not refundable once activated.
- How do I change my e-mail address? If you would like to use a new e-mail address, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Login name
2. Billing address and phone number on record
3. New e-mail address (please double check to make sure there are no errors)
- How does the rewards system work? We have a Customer Appreciation Discount Program to reward our return customers each time they make a purchase or recharge. As a return customer, you will automatically receive an additional discount from the phone card's listed sale price. You pay less and your effective rate becomes even lower. We offer up to 10% discount and growing with each new purchase. ??Best of all, the Customer Appreciation Discount never expires! You keep your discount and it will continue to grow as long you make purchases from 1stphonecard!
- What is meant by the “Satisfaction Guaranteed” label and the rating system? Our “Satisfaction Guaranteed” label is our assurance that you will be happy with your purchase. That is, you will receive high voice quality connections and no loss of minutes! Look for our satisfaction guarantee on select cards. Usually, these cards have the highest rating (5 stars). Our rating system is based on a combination of actual, tested usage in combination with customer feedback. Thus, use the rating system as a guide in purchasing phone cards.
- If I have a coupon, how do I use it? After you select the "Buy Now" option for your phone card, you will be taken to a login screen.
1. If you already have an account, just login as you normally do.
2. If you do NOT have an account, then please click on the "Open a New Account" button, and follow the instructions to create an account.
In the next step, there will be personal information that needs to be entered and/or verified. Between the Phone Number box and the Purchase Agreement selection button, you will find a Coupon Code box. In this box, please enter the EXACT coupon code. (Please double check your spelling.) With a correct coupon entry, your order will be accordingly discounted.
- How do I view my Calling Details Record (CDR)? Online CDRs are made available for Rechargeable Phone Card, Business Phone Card, and First Phone Card. Please look for the Online CDR Available in the phone card note for additional phone card with online CDR. To view your calling record, please follow these steps:
1. Login into My
Account and click on "View CDR" link;
2. Find the PIN # you want to check the CDR for
3. Click on this PIN # (This link is available only for phone card pins with online CDRs)
4. Please wait for the record to load (it can take up to a couple of minutes so please be patient)
View your calling record
- How do I exchange a phone card? As part of 1stPhoneCard customer satisfaction guarantee, if for whatever reason you are not satisfied with your phone card due to quality or convenience, we will gladly exchange it to a new phone card of your choice. You will receive credit for the remaining unused portion of the phone card at the time of actual exchange toward the purchase of the new phone card.
Please login My
Account and click "Exchange my Phone Card".
Typically, an exchange request will be processed within ONE business day.
- What is the difference between local access and toll free access? Local access numbers are the phone numbers in your area in which you can use your phone card. Typically, these numbers carry no long distance charges, making the calling rates for local access numbers cheaper. That is, you can get more minutes from your phone card by using a local access number. However, during heavy usage periods (like holidays), these numbers can be overloaded. ??Toll free access numbers are the phone numbers that start with 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, etc. By using a toll free number, you are charged a slightly higher rate because your phone call is routed using the least busy line. Therefore, you have slightly fewer minutes but have less busy signals from the toll free access number.
- If there is no local access number in my local area, how else could I use the local access numbers from this phone card at other area codes? It is VERY important to check with your local phone company that there are no long distance charges for calls made with these local access numbers. If you could not find any local access numbers in your local area, you can still use local access numbers if you have a cellular/mobile phone or home phone with free domestic long distance. Here, you can place the call with your cell phone to a local access number and avoid long distance charges. However, please be aware that you may have to pay for your air time depending on your cellular phone contract.
- What is Pin Skipping or Pinless Call feature? Pin Skipping or Pinless Call is making a phone call with a prepaid phone card without the having to enter your pin number. This phone card provider charges your call according to your home or cell phone number. A brief setup process is required to use this feature.
- How do I set up the Pin Skipping? To set up the Pin Skipping feature, please login to My
Account and click on the Pin Skipping link. After you complete the setup, all you have to do is call our local or
toll free access number from the telephone number you registered.
If you purchased the Business Phone Card,
Lovers Phone Card,
Clear Phone Card, China Call Back, or Toll Free Phone Card, you could also set up the Pin Skipping on your phone before entering the destination number:
1. Dialing the Toll Free or local access number from the phone you want to set up pin skipping feature;
2. Enter your phone card pin number and then "#15##" (This will automatically assign your Pin number to the caller ID of your phone). All future calls to the phone card access numbers will be billed toward the pin number.
- What will happen if my phone card has expired or used up with Pin Skipping? How do I remove this feature from my phone card? After your phone card is used up and/or expired, your telephone number will still be assigned to your Pin number for Pin Skipping. However, if you purchased a new phone card, you don't have to remove the pin skipping to the old phone card. You just need to set up the pin skipping feature with your new phone card in My
If you purchased the Business Phone Card,
Lovers Phone Card, Clear Phone Card, China Call Back, or Toll Free Phone Card, you can remove Pin Skipping before the pin is completed used up by:
1. Dialing the Toll Free or local access number from the phone number;
2. Enter #16## (This will automatically disassign your Pin number from this phone number )
- How do I update my new phone card with Pin Skipping? You can always reconfigure the pin skipping feature to a new phone card by logging into My
Account and click on the Pin Skipping link
- What is Follow-Me Speed Dial? A follow-me speed dial is a special feature of a prepaid phone card where you only need to press the same 2 keys to call any domestic or international phone numbers from any phone. This will make your phone card use much easier and it will save you time and effort as well.
Here are the four benefits of setting up Follow-Me Speed Dial:
1. Quick & Easy: It usually takes 20 seconds to dial an international phone number. It takes only 30 seconds to setup follow me speed dial, and a call to that phone number will only take 2 seconds. That's why it is worthwhile to setup follow me speed dial on a phone number that you call often.
2. No forgotten phone numbers. You can always put phone numbers that are easy to forget as speed dial.
3. Follow Me Speed Dial will prevent you from misdialing a phone number again
4. Since your Speed dial is set up on the calling card, your phone company will not able to bill you for international calls.
- How do I set up the Follow-Me Speed Dial for my phone card? To set up any phone number (0118610612345678) into speed dial "1" of your phone card,
1. Dial any local or toll free access number for your phone card;
2. Enter your Pin number
3. Press "#2#1#0118610612345678#". Here, the 4th key "1" is your speed dial number. To store your second
Follow-Me speed dial number, just enter "#2#2#0118610612345678#".
To make a phone call with a number saved into speed dial 1 of your phone card, simply replace the destination number with "1#" to complete your call. There are up to 25 speed dial available for most of the phone cards.
- How many phone numbers can I register using the Pinless Call or Pin Skipping feature? You can register up to three phone numbers for Pinless Call. When your minutes are used up, you can purchase another card and repeat the procedure.
We recommend purchasing a rechargeable phone card. This allows you to set up the Pinless Call or Pin Skipping feature just one time same and all you need to do is recharge your phone card periodically within their expiration period.
- After I set up Pinless Call and Speed dial on my phone card, how fast can I make a call using my telephone? With both the Pin Skipping and Speed dial features setup on your phone card, you can complete your calls within 3 seconds. ?We recommend you to purchase a rechargeable phone card because this allows you to setup these two features just one time. All you need to do is recharge your phone card periodically within their expiration period. This way, you do not need to reconfigure these features every time you purchase a new phone card.
- 37. How do I find phone cards with Pin Skipping, Speed dial, and are Rechargeable? Click Phone Cards by Quality to find phone cards that has all these features.
- Which phone card is best to send a fax? We recommend the Business Phone Card to send out fax.
- How can I save money by getting only the local service from my phone company? Go to 1stphonecard.com and look for "Search for Phone Cards". The pull down menu, on the right of "To Call From", lists all available countries and regions, in which a phone card is available for your travelling needs.
You can save up to 60 % on your long distance costs by getting only the local service from your phone company and by using the
Business Phone Card.
A typical long distance service would cost you between 4-10 cents/min with additional monthly service fee from a long distance service provider. With the local service from your phone company, you could make domestic long distance calls for 2¢/m. That is a minimum savings of 60%!
You can also make international long distance calls with even bigger savings than your long distance provider. For example, calls to Canada charges 2¢/m, China 2.4¢/m, or the UK charges 1.1¢/m!
- How can I reach Customer Service? If you have any questions and would like to speak to Customer Service, please feel free to contact us Toll Free at 1-888-304-8029, 1-800-495-8598 or 1-800-861-0530.
We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
You can also go to Customer Service Center and fill out the online form. You will receive an email reply within 4 hours during business hours or within 24 hours on weekends and Holidays.
- How can I make a toll free call from China? 1. To make a toll free call using the China Call Back, you dial 010-5989-3701, then hang up after hearing two rings. (This access number is toll free; no one will answer the phone so you will not be charged for this call)
2.Our system will call you back within 10 seconds.
3. When the phone rings, pick it up.
4. Follow the voice prompt to enter your PIN. Then dial your destination number To call to USA/Canada: Dial 1 + area code + telephone number International call: Dial 011 + Country Code + City Code + Telephone number
Please note: This card will only work from a cell phone or landline phones without an extension. If you are calling from an extension phone, your call will not go through.
- How can I make a call from China using Local Access? 1.To make a call from China using China Call Back, dial from China: 021-6185-1569, 010-6250-0797 (Toll will apply to call local access number within China, best for Chinese cell phone users). If this local access number busy, please use China Toll Free Call Back number, see FAQ #41 above.
3.Dial your destination number.
To call to USA/ Canada: Dial 1 + area code + telephone number
International call: Dial 011 + Country Code + City Code + Telephone number.
- What is Auto-recharge feature? Auto-recharge is a free, premium service that recharges your Pin number automatically. The auto-recharge feature prevents your phone card from expiring, and you never have to worry about your minutes running out.
- How does the Auto-recharge feature work? Your Pin will automatically be recharged when the value is less than $2.00 or within 7 days of expiration. The minutes you have left will rollover to the recharge. In addition, your Customer Appreciation Discount will automatically be applied towards the recharge. So the price you pay would be the same as if you were purchasing a new card.
- How do I select the Auto-recharge feature? Login to My
Account, click “Recharge My Pin", and click "Recharge Now". Enter your new credit card number, select option “Yes" for Auto-recharge and this will save your new credit card number for Auto-recharge.
- How do I remove the Auto-recharge feature option from my phone card? If you would like to have the Auto-recharge feature removed, please send e-mail to email@example.com along with your Pin to request the feature removed.
- How do I find Pin delivery email in my Gmail, Yahoo mail, or Hotmail account? To locate our email in your Gmail, Yahoo mail, or Hotmail account,please click link below
- What phone card would you recommend for a small business? We recommend the Business Phone Card, Rechargeable Phone Card or the Success Phone Card. These phone cards are rechargeable and they come with Pinless Call and Speed Dial features for quick calls to anywhere in the world!
- How do I find a local access number for my phone card? To find a local access number, click "Phone Card Details" on the phone card you purchased, and look for "To find a local access number, please search for your Area Code". Click on the area code to view the local access number.
If you have any question, suggestion, or comments about this FAQ, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.